The end of April saw a rally of old minis driving through Forty Foot, and this year I managed to get a few pictures.Summer is here and the birds are singing, and running and hiding! We took a trip to the auctions on Saturday and on the way home I spotted some partridges browsing sedately in a field beside the road, so I decided to stop and take a picture of them. Well, as soon as I got out of the car and the camera started, they were half way to Peterborough, talk about Olympic runners, Liz was hysterical, and I was a little frustrated, but took a couple of long distance pictures anyway little blighters, who knew they could move so fast. The long weekend has been pretty miserable here, weather wise. We got a couple of bargains at the auction and are now the proud owners of his and hers coffee machines, I splashed out and bought a Philips Senseo for £1, spare no expense, when we tried it it worked!
Philip and Amy came round on Saturday with Harry, so Liz was delighted, we had a braai at about sixish, luckily it had a lid so nothing got wet. We have done quite a few braais, but it has been lonely out there, talk about the loneliness of the long distance runner, it’s more like the loneliness of the English braaivleis cooker, with everyone peering (I said peering) at me through the kitchen window, drooling, what a sad bunch!
No comments:
Post a Comment