Sunday, 14 June 2009

Liz goes to hospital

Well for those not in the know, Liz went in for her op on Thursday at 11am, and was still sending me text messages at half past one. Her op was all over by ten that night as she sent me another couple of text messages then. She had a couple of ‘girls’ from work visiting her on Friday, who said she was quite fine and was texting people like mad, in spite of the sign above her head saying cell phones were not allowed, hah, Liz doesn’t read notices, she is too busy. Yesterday, Saturday, was auction day, but I saw nothing we could not live without, so gave it a miss. We went to see Liz in the afternoon, four of us, we met Ria and her daughter there and when we arrived there was S J there as well, two visitors per bed, hah. Ria had even prepared a lovely bowl of flowers for Liz, these were also against the rules, she may contract something terrible from them, flower flu perhaps? We brought the ‘poison’ flowers home with us, whatever happened to the good old days when you could take flowers to cheer up the sick, now you have to wash your hands at the door and swear on a stack of bibles that you don’t know anyone from Mexico, know where it is or even seen a pig sneeze, before you can visited the sick. We finally got through all these obstacles and saw Liz lying on her bed, phone clutched in her hand, finger poised, with the ‘don’t use mobile phone’ sign just above her head. Liz was feeling a little listless and her temperature was up, it is now back to normal, she says in her text this morning! The ward she was in was as hot as hell, she probably had heat fatigue! I have been left in charge and have already had a disagreement with the washing machine, I think I put the soap in the fabric softener slot, so I put some more in another slot, we will probably have ‘frothy’ not ‘fluffy’ clothes, but what the hell it should be interesting. We thank god I can cook, roast duck tonight, egg bacon and black pudding for breakfast, speaking of which I am getting hungry. The blasted sun is shining again today so I am going to have to go to the garage and get out the lawnmower, after hanging up the frothy washing and feeding the fish, talking of which…. The fluffy cat came in with very damp hind quarters the other day, I accused Liz of washing her because she had a dirty behind, it has happened to the cat before, but she vehemently denied it. I went to have a look at the pond and noticed that the surround, at one end was wet, so she must have slipped whilst getting a drink of water from the pond, we put more water in so that she wont have to scrabble too high to get out next time, we don’t want the liner damaged!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI hales,hope lizzy is wel today,like the blog page,mellyxxx

The Hales' said...

Fighting fit she is shamming
New pictures on photosite as well