Thursday, 29 April 2010

Liz has a landmark day


It was Liz' birthday yesterday, what a great day she had too. One of the girls at work baked her a cake, she made a special effort, as Liz always bakes, the cake was very good too. I gave Liz a Canon camcorder, so that she could take pictures of her grandson on something other than her phone. We told the girls at work it was for blue movies, they collapsed in a heap at this, well the camera is blue, I don't know what all the fuss was about. She did not seem all that exited, at this lovely palm sized blue creation, but then Harry, the grandson came for a visit and recording started, now she was impressed. Harry was in full performance mode, and kept flashing his eyes at the camera, he is not camera shy, quite the opposite, when he sees the camera he starts to pose. The 'Old Dragon' also came to wish Liz a happy birthday and even had a little fun with Harry, who she helped to drink her 7 Up, he finished a glass of that and wanted more, I think she was quite taken with him. Catriona and Robyn gave her some lovely wind chimes, the bells, the bells!
The weather has now really started to warm up and the ride to work is no longer a chore. I have recently noticed that there was a pair of swans hanging around some rape seed in a field on my way to work, luckily there was a ditch between them and me, but yesterday on the way home I saw that they had a nest beside the ditch on the other side of the road, it also had at least one egg in it, I wonder if the queen knows? The presence of the swan so close to the road on my route to work has now disturbed me a little, as I know that swans can be very protective of their nests, rather like geese, but unlike geese, they are larger and are not as easy to handle when angry, I feel that should they decide to chase me I shall break all records on my bike as I pedal furiously away from them. I hope never to find out how fast I can ride, I shall keep the chain and pedals oiled so that they don't make any noise as I cycle past the nest.

No comments: