 |
| Grammy's boy |
We finally had a short break from the rain, so I have managed to cut the lawn and release the cat’s, I expect they will be hungry now, there weren’t any feathers when I found them in the long grass. I am thinking of selling the lawnmower, it gets so little use these days,and buying a rubber duck and fishing rod instead, I have also had a huge delivery of wood, not a good sign, it means the rain may continues a few days longer! Had a little chat with Robyn, on skype, in Korea. She seems to be settling well and says that the Koreans don’t seem to have many old cars.I gather the old cars are sent to Taiwan. They appear to drive a bit fast but no sign of any dented cars, amazingly. The scenery looked very picturesque, on her iPhone,a bit like Cape Town, she was amazed by the fact that they had fields of crops in the middle of town.
 |
| Chinese |
 |
| Coming soon! |
Bucketing again, and I was going to prune the hedge today, oh well.... The birds around here are thoroughly fed up and tired of hiding under the broad leafed plants. We also have a bit of washing that has been out for a few days, it is now on it’s tenth rinse cycle. The Olympic flame seems to be zig zagging across east Anglia, and rushing around to meet itself all over the show, I am surprised it is still burning with all this rain. Black pudding, eggs and crispy bacon for breakfast this morning with some fresh tomatoes. We will not be braaing today, will roast a bird instead! There was a hedgehog at the back door last night so Liz rushed out and opened a tin of sardines for it, and shoved it through the cat flap, the door was locked see. Soolee the cat thought this was for her and went flying through the flap to get it, she could not understand why Liz insisted on putting it outside, still humans do behave weirdly at times and it was a nice little treat,mmmm... The hedge hog was around again and I managed to snap a couple of pictures of it. I am going to have to tag them so that I know whether it is the same one, this looks like a new one, they do stop when you start taking their pictures, and as soon as we finish they act like Flash and are gone.got the grass cut and half the hedge, top still needs doing, when the rain stops, maybe the weekend, or maybe not! Liz is having a bake-a-thon in the kitchen, cheese scones, fudge and a lemon drizzle cake. I will just stick to the Chinese food, made a lovely Kung Po chicken with Thai jasmine rice when Louise came around, it was nice and spicy, but not too hot, everyone loved it. There are rumours of hot dry weather on the way, maybe more braais.
No comments:
Post a Comment