| There's another raspberry Liz! |
We had a busy weekend. There was an auction on Saturday, but there was nothing we could not live without, so went early. We had to dash round to a friend’s house to put up the 4 metre by 6 metre marquee for a party on Sunday. The weather was great on Saturday, really warm. We went round to an allotment and picked three punnets of raspberries for the lunch on Sunday. Liz enjoyed the taste, they were good. The party was a 70th birthday party for Melly, our friend’s, father. The party was great and we had a hog roast prepared by our neighbour’s brother, the same one who catered for Catriona and Bobby’s wedding.
| Drink Liz? |
| The marquee is up |
The weather has really perked up now and I’ve put away the snorkel and flippers and got out the braai and lawnmower. Whilst waiting for the rain to go I did wonder what responsible sourced prawns were, did they jump voluntarily into nets and responsibly harvested fruit, did that just fall into the pickers baskets, a mystery? Liz has now decided to go on diet as all she has done in the winter is eat, she is doing a weigh-less type diet, but it involves baked potatoes and baked beans, it is right up there with the cabbage diet, I am going to put up a tent for her at the bottom of the garden! I had my eye test yesterday, it is all run by people from the Asian sub continent, got away with less than £200, boy they know how to charge.
Catriona now has two cats from some cat rescue place, I wonder what they think of her fish tanks. Tristan Toyer is fairly growing and gurgling, and Louise is looking at a larger car, as she can’t fit the child seat in her Celica.
No comments:
Post a Comment